Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great danielswalsh 2008-03-09 21:39

Pat, you'll have to teach me how you capture dreams on film as you've certainly done it here.
I cannot believe this is not a painting. Simply stunning.

Amazingly sharp detail, rich colors (maybe a tad over saturated) and I love the composition of the pier leading us out into the sea.

Can you tell us what type of PP work went into this?

Kind Regards,
- Dan

Old 03-10-2008, 04:52 AM
TE Newbie

Default To danielswalsh: HI Dan

Thank you very much for your great critic. To Answer your question, Almost All of my photographs have been taken with high quality digital cameras with the use of ND Grad, Full ND, High Quality Polarizer and warming filter on occasion. Once the Raw Version of the image is in my computer, the next step is editing them, using the latest version of Adobe PhotoShop. Adjustments to the contrasts, curves, levels, sharpness and color saturation, are then applied. In my film days, I would have chosen a saturated film like Fuji Velvia, Kodak VS and used a Warming Filter to achieve those same colorful results. Nothing is added to or subtracted from any of my images. Only sensor dust and/or, filter scratches are cloned out of the image file on occasion.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:00 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Pat: HI Dan

Thanks for the reply Pat. I thought your ID looked familiar, I've seen your site a few times as well as Adam Burton and now seeing that Darwin Wiggett is also a member of the site- I can see why! I bought Darwin's book on shooting the Rockies and was thoroughly impressed.
I too shoot with a Canon 5D, L series lenses, Leee Filters and such. Just have such a hard time reproducing your guys amazing results. It must be alot of hours camped out at perfect locations waiting for the perfect moment.
Keeup up the great work guys, you give us something to strive for!

All the best,
- Dan