Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement bobpalin 2007-11-07 7:39

Poor, blurry and not level, poorly composed with too much foreground and not enough sky. Even the note is poor. Sorry.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:22 PM
TE Newbie

Default To bobpalin: you are right...all suck

I think you are right..I have many blury photos in my portfolio. I own a better camera now and hope that my recent photos present a better quality. This site is not only about the photography but also a lot about seeing the world via photos. So I wanted to show the other members the beauty of the sand rock formations. To those who have no chance to see them. Did you see any better photos in my portfolio...I like yours..I am wondering why did you select the worst photos to comment on...Danuta
Old 11-08-2007, 02:03 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To bobpalin: you are right...all suck

Hi Danuta, thanks for accepting the criticism so well. The reason I commented on that picture was that the subject is so familiar to me, I take lots of pictures of The Castle, which is only 10 miles from my house. When I looked at the comments for the picture they all seemed so false, people saying how good the colours were and the composition etc, I felt I needed to tell the truth. You are not my only 'victim' - I've been telling the truth all over the place 8-) I don't understand why people feel the need to say something in praise of an image itself when it is technically poor, if they left a comment rather than a critique saying something like "what an interesting rock formation..." it would be much better. The other thing that got my attention was the note with the picture - it really doesn't tell us anything at all.

bob