To amino: Thanks

• Hi Amino,
    Thank you for the comment. Do you mean cropping the picture or uploading a larger file? The size of the file is limited by TreckEarth.

Zane
  • Shall I answer?
    Hi Zane! What Amino meant was a larger file, of 800px.
    Take care!
  • Re: Shall I answer?
    I tried 800px, even 700px. It was not accepted by TrekEarth because its size was too big. You may have a way to keep the px but reduce the file size.

Zane
  • size
    Hi again, Zane! Sure there is a way, or more than one. Physical size or measures (number of pixels) should be independent from the level of compression and the "weight" of the picture (number of kb).
    If you use Photoshop, first you should resize the picture to 800px (Image size), sharpen, and once you're ready click on File -> Save for web. That converts the picture to jpg (if it wasn't) and it's the moment to choose the level of compression and the weight of the photo so that it's under 200kb. Or you can choose Save as... and change the level of compression until you are under 200kb.
    In the forum, there are several threads about resizing, but most of them are about Photoshop. So, if you are using other software (Irfanview, Picasa...) let me know and maybe I'll know how to do it.
    By the way, it's a very good photo, that's why I stopped by and read the comments.
    I hope I've been of some help.
    Take care!
    Inés
  • Re: size
    Ines,
    Thanks a lot for the tip. I will definitely try that next time.

Zane
  • Re: To amino: Thanks
    Hello Zane,
    I had the same problem when i joined TE. I use photoshop. If you have it, then you should go to the "Image" drop down menu and chose "Image size". Then you would chose the pixels for size. I would start by using 700 width and maybe 500 height for your picture. Do any work if you want to on it but then save the pic by using Save As and chose JPG. You will then be prompted to chose the file size based on quality. Make sure the size does not exceed 200 kilobytes or to stay safe: around 185 kilobytes.

This should help. Let me know ;
    good luck
    Thank you very much. I did everything except the last step. Since it usually decreases the quality of the picture, I have not used that function yet. Will try. Thanks again.
    Zane,
    Glad I can be of help. Let me know if it works or if you have other questions...

ciao