Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-26-2007, 01:21 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: let's see - A college project gone bad

only the fact that mister "Zap" says that there is no contact possibility makes me laugh. It's more than clear on all members profile that they can be contacted.
And if he wants us to make believe that these stolen shots were sent in by others... well, he should give us (at least, the photographers from who were stolen) the names and coordinates of these people.
And... I can't still believe that someone who is able to make a website is not aware of the copyright-laws.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:37 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: let's see.

For those interested he changed his registration details overnight. Whois now shows that he is in the US, yesterday he was in India.

Registrant Contact Details
Name EarthDisplay
Company N/A
Email Address [email protected]
Address [email protected]
City Albama
State/Region/Province
Zip 21123
Country US
Tel No. +01.321145233

Regards,
Adrian
Old 09-26-2007, 03:59 PM
TE Newbie

Default Google Ads

I think you should all know that by placing copyrighted content on his site without permission, the site owner has contravened Googles Adsense policy.

I have already made a formal complaint to Google, who will probably terminate EarthDisplay.com's GoogleAds.
You can also do this by clicking on the "Ads by Google" text on his website ads, then clicking "send google your thoughts on the site or the ads you saw", and then "report a violation" in the section that opens up below.
Hope this is of some help.

ChristopherHolt.com
Old 09-26-2007, 04:02 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Plundering Trekearth

Nearly everyone on TE has had shot stolen by this site, but none of mine. I am quite upset. What's wrong with my pictures? I think i will write and complain.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
TE Newbie

I haven't had the time to read through all the posts here, but when I googled "contact info for earthdisplay.com" I found a blogcatalog page. Seems like some Serena is running the site, but I couldn't find any direct contact info. Maybe blogcatalog.com can help. I'm guessing they'd be interested in the way she's using their site to promote her own when it is full of other people's work.
Maybe all this is in the posts already mentioned here, but I thought I'd put it in.

This is the link I found:
http://www.blogcatalog.com/blogs/earthdisplay.html

Lars-Christian
Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 PM
TE Senior Member

Lars-Christian,
read my post called [Serena J / Suzan Young],
I've done the research allready :)
have a nice evening,
kind regards,
David
Old 09-26-2007, 05:23 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Plundering Trekearth - We will be no longer

Hello Everyone,

Atfirst we would like to apologize to all for the inconvenience. I had no idea that people live with online photography. After talking to Dennis only I came to know.

We started this site just a few days ago as part of college fun project. This is totally no profit site and we had no intention to sell any photos. We tried to make it something like a showcase with some article etc. Nothing professional. We put the site ads just because we had future idea to move it to a good server and make a community with all good photographers. We started it with friends only. Aim was to make people aware of nature.

The copyright word comes by default installation of wordpress and coppermine gallery. We had no intention to prove anything. We of course agree this is our mistake as we are not aware of these stuffs.

The person whom you have contacted is only the hosting provider (he gave us some space for free) and of course he used his mail IDs and information to register everything. He has no idea either.

So as you have mailed me but along with you have mailed my provider also. However, it was a very bad experience for us and after everyone's comment I donot want to continue with this site anymore.

However fault is with us (me and my friends) as we had no idea with this stuff. Our sincere aplogies goes to everyone. The site should be down by the time when I am writing this post.

I cant do anything else for you other than taking it down. Thank you everone. I would like to see all great photos in trekearth always. Keep up the goodwork. Thank you a lot.

Regards
Zap
Old 09-26-2007, 05:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Let's hope it will not happen again, because we are tired of being stolen. And this is the right word : stolen.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:39 PM
TE Newbie

Hello Luc,

It will never ever happen again from my part. I had no idea with this.

Also I just read some comment about $17. We earned around 30 cents in adsense in last 20 days. All visitors were my friends of course. I can show pictures if needed.

I am sorry for this. I had no idea people live with photography. All I thought is of some good wallpapers and good travel or history information.

Thank you for considering this matter seriously. I appriciate your efforts to keep up this community. Thank you.

Regards
Zap
Old 09-26-2007, 05:57 PM
TE Senior Member

Default thanks and a note

Zap,
Thanks.
We are a community, a rather rare one. We have our differences, but it rarely leads to critical situations.
The one situation we cannot control is if people steal from us and make a profit.
We have learned to use the one power we have; our community.
We lost some of the best members in the past because people made a profit by stealing and not sharing.
We didn't know who we were dealing with, just that we had to act to stop this.
Thank you for contacting us and taking the necessary steps.

regards,
David