To ben4321: Polariser - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ben4321 2007-01-29 8:22

This is great Neil, very well composed with the rocks in the foreground providing good depth, and the path leading the eye in nicely.
What I like especially is how the path seems to join up with the vapour trail in the sky; a pathway to the heavens as it were.
The only thing that detracts from this shot is the uneven polarisation of the sky. I don't think using a polariser was the best choice here. Polarisers come into their own when the angle of the sunlight is at 90 degrees to the scene you're photographing. Anywhere else and you'll end up with the uneven polarisation you see here. It's pretty easy to check the effect of the filter before shooting; just look through the viewfinder while rotating the filter and see how the level of polarisation changes.
Apart from that, this is great, well done.

Cheers,
Ben

Old 01-30-2007, 10:11 PM
TE Newbie

Default To ben4321: Polariser

I agree Ben, the polarization is uneven.
I am new to digital SLR photography having just purchased the Canon camera and am experimenting with settings, filters, etc..
Up until now I have only ever used a compact digital but was becoming aware of it's limitations.
I appreciate you stopping by and for your tips on use of a polarizer, I will bear this in mind for future shots,
Cheers,
Neil....