Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jwmunro 2007-01-15 10:02

Bonjour Antoine -

Wow, this is a very nice and impressive capture. The early morning light and fog and the layering effect of the mountains makes this image. Exposure looks to spot on with some detail in the shadows and excellent composition and POV. There looks to be touch of noise from the digital transfer but it is not distracting. Well done!

This park is one of my favorites and I have never seen the entry to the Lamar Valley portrayed so well. Again, well done!!

Thank you for sharing

John

Old 01-15-2007, 06:26 PM
TE Newbie

Default To jwmunro: thanks a lot !!

hi John !

thanks a lot for your comments :)

Yellowstone is also one of my favorites (with Arches and Canyonland ...) and i hope i could come back with a true photographic project :) ... the lights are awesome and the landscapes really impressive :) ... it remembers me a mixed landscape between the great forest of Quebec or New England and the alpine shape of Alps or Rocky Mountains :)

For this photograph, i think my alpine experience helps me to apprehend this kind of light ... and my bad experience in wildlife photography brings me more attention for the light. Regards to the photographic book i have seen about Yellowstone, most of photographers, who have published about this park, have concentrated their work about wildlife and maybe forget sometimes the great lights ;) ... i would love publish something about it :) ... one day ... maybe :)

... i hope my next pictures fill you as well :)

best regards !

Antoine