Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good photochick 2006-07-29 2:55

Hey Derek. I am going to critique your photo harshly.
(Sorry) Her face is too dark. You have a lot of distortion from being too close when you took the picture. By distortion I mean the horses head in relation to your subject. Lastly you need to edit the date off the photo. It is very distracting. So next time have your subject tilt her chin up a little. Back up and use a little zoom or a longer lens to avoid the distortion.
Hope this helps a little. Take care.

Carie

Old 07-31-2006, 05:23 AM
TE Newbie

Default To photochick: hi

thank you,

im not offended at all, but my camera is just a simple 500$ camera, if i would have used the flash, everything else would have been dark in the back ground, and i like photos natural for the most part, every one says i should shade this crop this, color this, erase this, but then the photo is not the original anymore, and its been computer modified to look pretty, everything in there natural state is pretty, if i wanted pretty photos i would just make them up in my compyter graphics program and then they wouldn't even be real
but thanks, i reconize your name, i think you have been to my page before, if i can add you as a contact or somthing i would but havn't figured that out yet
derek
Old 08-01-2006, 07:05 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To photochick: hi

Hey Derek. I totally get where you are coming from. I am also a bit anti photoshop. The advice I gave you will enhance your natural photos. I am not a pro or anything but I have been doing this a while and have developed a little technical skill. As I think I said, I am actually a fan of yours and follow your posts. In short keep up the great work and if you do get any critiques give the tips a try. You may like the results.
Carie