Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kmarscher 2006-07-12 23:39

Nice composition of a fascinating place.

I assume the water in the photo surrounds the Gemilar Island, making it very close to another land mass? Forgive me, I do not know this geography that well. Or is the water way dividing the island and leading to an ocean?

I esp like the ruin on the lower left. You almost have two shots here with the ruins being one of them.

I tried a workshop, just to enhance the contrast to the way i would like to see it. Of course, your natural shot of the landscape is more convincing...

I like many of the photos in your collection, Russell.

Kathy

Old 07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
TE Newbie

Default To kmarscher: Ruins

Thanks for the kind words and efforts you have made for the workshop, I like the way the border enhances the photo. I am not too good at post processing so generally just crop and auto blalance, etc. Yes This island is surround by water. Infact I have taken a 360 degree panoramic photo which I will post next so that you can see completely around the island in this beautiful part of the world. I believe that as the water way you can see is hidden from the main ocean, pirates used to use it as a hideaway.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To kmarscher: Ruins

I sampled a color in the foreground with eye dropper to set the color of the outer frame. I often try it out first to see if the results enhance or detract before posting. Here I too think it enhanced. A nice surprise and glad you like. Idea for a mat color when you frame it, if you so decide?