Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great danielswalsh 2005-11-22 21:32

Hey Jim;

Nice shot! I really like the composition and colors...
If I can provide one suggestion. I'm willing to bet that you sharpened this one, added the frame and text BEFORE resizing? If you resize FIRST, then add the frame and the text etc. I think you will find that everything comes out alot sharper.

Cheers Jim!
- Dan

Old 11-23-2005, 04:40 AM
TE Newbie

Default To danielswalsh: Resizing

Dan... thanks for the tip. I actually do my normal post production work on the full size image, save a master copy for future printing, resize, fine tune sharpening, add frame/text and save out a file optimized for web display. The issue isn't when you add the frame and text, but how you fine tune the smaller version of the image which is what I think you meant to point out. Thanks for taking the time to look at my work and add your comment. I greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:00 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To jimg: Resizing

Hi again Jim;

I normally like to do my P.P. on the full size image tand then it's just a matter of resizing and posting. But what I found is that the sharpness of the image and the frame (and or text etc) is lost when I do the resize. Quite noticeably I found...
Just one of my pet peevs, and thought I'd pass on the tip.

All the best,
- Dan
Old 11-23-2005, 05:29 AM
TE Newbie

Default now that I think about it

I just realized that for most other forums my images are 832 px wide, but for here I just resize it down to 800 from the 832 version. This could account for a little bit of softness, but it should be ever so slight. As before thanks for pointing out the opportunity to improve.