Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-10-2005, 11:46 PM
TE Newbie

Default why so few critiques?

I'm not comlaining, just wondering; Why, if more than 200 people have viewed a picture, are there only 3 critiques? Many of my pictures are this way, with many of the critiques only coming within a day of posting shot.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:57 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: why so few critiques?

i'm havig the problem Kevin. I dont have 200 views, but i havent had a crtique in days. whats the matter?
Old 05-11-2005, 10:38 AM
TE Expert

I observe Kevin that you've WRITTEN six critiques in the last month. My experience is that the best way to draw attention to your work is to GIVE attention to the work of others. Photos cross the board so quickly that you need to do something to call attention to yourself. Writing critiques is perhaps the best way to do so. I say this from experience. I've been at times very active on the board and have received a fair amount of attention to my photos. I've also been on the board more recently posting photos that are surely as good as anything I've posted before. But I'm not actively giving critiques and interest in my photos has pretty much dried up. I'm content with the situation, but I'm certainly aware of the reality of what I'm experiencing. One of the pleasures of the site comes in developing relationships with other members. We do that by using discussions about photos as the vehicle for communication. My advice to you would be to begin paying more attention to work by other folks and sharing critiques. You'll be amazed at how quickly folks will respond.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:24 PM
TE Senior Member

another reason is that many or most views come from non-members who don't write critiques anyway
Old 05-11-2005, 08:23 PM
TE Expert

not most, but many yes.

But the major question here is to be a active member. If you consider this a community you must work for the comunity in order to be paid. I'm not saying that this is perfect or even fair, but as Curtis said, your picture may stay in the front page only a couple of minutes, if you are an inactive member or a member that don't react to your first critiques the result is that your photo will simply vanish without comments

Be active, post photos, make WS, be in foruns... then you will see the results, and you will start to build more close relations to some members
Old 05-12-2005, 09:03 PM
TE Expert

It's all natural to feel we want to hear some feedback on our shots, and are disppointed when it will not happen, or people did not have the curiosity of see what the pix was about, besides the thumbnail, but try to consider that views are alos a reward. Imagine having your shot in a magazine and in the course of a day, observing people going thru the pages then giving a good anf appreciative look at your shot, without a word.
You may also notice that some shots which have resounding critiques and mucho pointos, may not have that much more views as some barely or not critiqued. It just means group and web message boards dynamicss are at work, who likes pix but rarely comments, who has been there longer, who has participated the most, who has developped a more fidel curiosity about his/her shots, etc....