Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great DiaAzul 2005-03-30 11:19

I know this bend well...having driven around it in a Moris Minor 1000 with the handbrake on and wondering why the wheels were squealing even though I was only doing 20mph (such are the joys of just passing your driving test).

I like the composition of the light trails in this image, the colours are good too. If you want to tone down the pub at the back then take a second image of the pub (under-exposed one or two stops) then blend it into the original image to get the desired effect - you will find that successful night time photography is based upon multiple exposures and blending (perhaps more so than day time photography).

Old 03-30-2005, 06:29 PM
TE Newbie

Default To DiaAzul: Aha

Aha, so that's how you do it. When you say underexposed, does that mean fewer seconds with shutter open, or less or more of that 'f' value? As you can tell, I am new to photography, and don't yet understand the basics. Am enjoying it though. Thanks for the comments and advice.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:40 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To DiaAzul: Aha

You got it - shorter exposure time, or higher f-stop (smaller diaphram lets in less light) either one will do. However, if you are blending exposures you want to keep the f-stop constant and adjust the exposure time to prevent any changes to the depth of field.