Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great daddo 2013-10-23 16:50

Hi Andre. Your experiences are the weirdest i have read about from people visiting Turkey. Reminds me of the fable of the blind wise men and the elephant, each grabbing a piece of the elephant and giving their interpretation of the whole animal. The one grabbing the tail came to the conclusion that an elephant is like a rope.
My wife and I have been to Turkey twice and visited remote places in Cappadocia and the along the Black Sea, in addition to the cities. Most of the interactions have been positive and many heartwarming, to the extent that we are planning to visit again. As for the locals' reaction to us as strangers, we received gestures of welcome or at the worst- indifference. Never intrusive or bemused behaviour. In Melbourne years ago I was in a queue at a coffee bar and saw a soldier in uniform masturbating and I could have been left in no doubt about the Australian servicemen and their morals and our society's sense of propriety!
It is a source of great amusement to me to see how different the experiences can be when people travel abroad. Your lot seemed to have been prepared to see only the negatives.
Regardless of all that, the photo is an accomplished one. Regards. Klaudio.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:39 PM
TE Newbie

Default To daddo: dont let one experience taint your view...

Salut Klaudio,

Ness and I Just came back from Turkey and our experiences aren't far from yours.