Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-01-2003, 02:35 AM
TE Expert

Default Not useful

Aujourd'hui, j'ai effectué deux critiques, ce qui m'a valu un "not useful"
Les mauvais ou bon points, "I don't care", mais il serait intéressant pour moi de connaitre la raison de ce mauvais point et de discuter avec cette personne sur les règles de composition ou l'art de critiquer, sachant que mes critiques ne sont pas limitées à des "Nice shot"

Today, I carried out two critical, which was worth me a "not useful"
The bad or good points, "I don't care", but it would be interesting for me to know the reason of this bad point and to discuss with this person on the rules composition or art to criticize, knowing that my criticisms are not limited in of "Nice shot"
Old 12-01-2003, 03:02 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Not useful

I just noticed this on my critiques today too.

Adam is there any way of knowing which of my critiques are considered "not useful?" I suspect that they are my more critical ones.

This does annoy me. There are way too many "great shot!" type comments that say nothing.

Just had to vent.

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2003, 03:05 AM
TE Newbie

I agree that a discussion like this would be a good idea, I have recieved some not usfull recently and I would like to discuss the basis of these. IMO I dont think there is a "not useful" critism as "Nice shot" type comments give people incentive to keep taking photographs and learn what type of shots the general viewer likes. Ive had a few "nice shot" comments whilst being on this site and whilst they are not very informative it has given me the encouragement to continue to better myself.

Regards to all TE members.

Tim.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:22 AM
TE Expert

Lorsque je donne un avis sur une photo, je fais mon possible pour aider celui qui désire améliorer ses images sans vouloir vexer personne.
J'accepte volontiers aussi les critiques de ceux qui regardent mes photos.
Salutations :-)

When I deliver an opinion on a photograph, I make my possible to help that which wishes to improve its pictures without wanting to upset anybody. I accept readily also criticisms of those which look at my photographs.
Greetings: -)
Old 12-01-2003, 10:25 AM
TE Expert

I think of the 'not useful' part in a macro sense, the total 'not useful' points one has received to give an idea of overall usefulness etc. In a micro i.e. per critique sense I am afraid of the consequences of showing the 'not usefuls'.

Now that 'nice shot' critiques are no longer permitted, I feel that the 'not useful' option is not particularly needed anymore.

If someone has a big jump in 'not usefuls' I will check for abuse and take appropriate action if warranted.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:58 PM

Bonjour tout le monde,

I chose the "Do not display the points" system, but I always check my "Useful/Not Useful" notices before logging in, I think it's important to know if the comments are appreciate, especially because it's always difficult to express myself in English. But I really do my best and spend much time to critiquing as honestly as possible.
I too got 3 times a "Not Useful" in just this one last week, and it's not the first time that I get them in series, soon after each other. It does not feel nice, you're right Saïd, just like but one person is doing that and I keep wondering why...

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 12-01-2003, 02:30 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Adam

Thank you very much for your opinion Adam.
Bests regards
Old 12-01-2003, 06:32 PM
TE Junior Member

First point, could someone tell me where you find these "Useful/Not useful notices" regarding the critiques you have made ?

Second point, I totally agree that "Not useful" is not significant for critiques. I had an idea (which maybe is not a good one, but who knows ?) regarding the critiques rating.

If the only choice to rate a critique will be soon "Useful" or nothing, perhaps we could take advantage of it by avoiding the "Nice shot !" ones :

As a matter of fact, imagine you change "Useful" by "I agree", and give this tick the same rating value of the original critique ; people who wish to rate the pic, but have nothing more to say than already said, could give the same rating to the pic by ticking "I agree" on an existing critique.
This tick would give points to the pic on the one hand, and on the other hand would of course rate the critique as useful.

What do you think of it ?
Old 12-01-2003, 06:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Regarding the idea I just suggested, I forgot to mention an important point :

Of course if you should rate a pic by ticking "I agree", your name would appear close to the critique (just as it does for useful workshops)
Old 12-01-2003, 07:35 PM

Bonsoir Clochette,

Try clicking on your yellow star... ;o)

Amicalement - Viviane