Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great casperduppy 2009-07-04 10:06

Marc, please tell me more!

I saw this shot yesterday, it is a fine portrait. Everything about his face is interesting to look into. But I would love to know more about the context.. waiting, not expecting, what is happening here?!

Best regards, casper

Old 07-04-2009, 10:23 PM
TE Newbie

Default To casperduppy: Reply

I Casper, I mistakenly erased the previous picture and the workshop!! I'm not really used to this site!
Well we had a three days trek along the Bandiagara cliff crossing many Dogon villages. We had a bag full of pen and notebooks for pupils and where looking for an open school cause it is better to give that stuff to the teacher and not directly to children. Unfortunately this week was a pre-election week so that most of the schools were closed cause youth was involved in electoral campaign...end of the second day, our guide thought we had a chance in this school but it was closed as the others. Only this priest (there's a cross down the green necklace) was here sat on a bench with some children...He's wearing the typical Dogon hat. The previous picture as Steve said was too red. As far as I remember, these colours are the right ones taken into account he is in the shadow.
Bye for now.
Marc