Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great clio 2009-05-03 9:47

Geia sou Maggie,
You go soon in Greece? How lucky you are!
Very beautiful centring on this old house, the texture of the wall, the paint scaled on the wood, the discolored tints, it is beautiful. I really hope that the house will be restore.
Have a great journey!
Diane

Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To clio: peeling and appealing,

Thank you Diane. Now I look at this shot again I see that more shots could have been taken using the details - such as the twigs against the wall. I should have spent more time there. You would have seen all the possibilities, I am sure.
Will you go to Greece this year ? I am looking forward very much to being there again.
Very best wishes....Maggie
Old 05-04-2009, 05:27 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To clio: peeling and appealing,

With this kind of photo, there are often several possibilities of centring and the choice is difficult sometimes!
A piece of the left door and the small tree would certainly have been very attractive also, but I like your choice.
Normally I will go 10 days at the end of August to Naxos with a friend this summer to make some photo and painting maybe. In July I go in Italy with my husband and friends.
And you, what are your projects?
Best regards
Diane
Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Thank you, Diane, for your reply. I have just two trips to Greece booked - two weeks on Skopelos from 6th May ( Hooray, just one day to go! ) and then two weeks on Symi in October. I used to do a lot of sketching when on holiday, but photography seems to have taken its place. I envy you your trip to Italy - an artist's paradise! Although I have seen quite a lot of places in Greece I have never been to the Cyclades. But there are so many lovely places and so little time - and money!!
Meanwhile, enjoy the beautiful months of May and June.
Friendly regards.....Maggie
Old 05-04-2009, 09:13 PM
TE Expert

Kalo Taxidi!
I love Skopelos, I would like to see the island in May...
it must be charming, I remember your photos from last year, then I wait for the next..
Diane