Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great LamCam 2009-04-27 14:55

Hello Winifred,
Very creatively cropped into an interesting vertical composition. I like the way the gulls bring a scattering of light into the lower band of the picture to balance the white on the boat. I think I am in the saxO42
camp re the noise. I always take in the colours and composition first! I am starting to shoot some of my photos TIFF quality to get a larger file size. This should help if I need to crop quite severely.
Best wishes....Maggie

Old 04-29-2009, 10:54 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To LamCam: re noise

Thanks, Maggie.
I think I'm in Gunnar's camp, too, though I wish I could produce pictures with the clarity of yours and his. Probably not possible with my tiny camera. It does not have any choice of how to save - only JPG, and I usually have it permanently set to largest file size and highest resolution, but see that I did not have that for this shot. Anyway, it took me many trials to find a good crop and I was so happy when I found it that the other aspects were just a minor irritation.

Your photo of the interior in Greece is simply gorgeous, but I'll have to look at it another time - the sun is shining and I have not even got dressed yet. TE is too addictive1
Winifred
Old 04-30-2009, 08:46 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To LamCam: re noise

Hello Winifred - Even TE is not worth missing a good sunny day for!
Probably the benefits of TIFF will only be really apparent on large prints.I have only really considered the matter since looking at competition requirements, which often specify a minimum resolution well above that of an average jpeg. The restrictions of re-sizing and screen resolution on sites like TE must undo some of the advantages. I must confess to finding all this sizing business rather tedious, although I know it is necessary!
Incidentally, no kittiwakes spotted at Whitby, but we didn't get near some of the higher cliffs in the area.
Best wishes....Maggie