View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:50 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Manamo: Thanks

Thanks for this very thoughtful critique... this is the kind of stuff that we don't get enough of on TE.

As for your points--if i remember correctly, i had noticed the similarity between the human figure and the branches of the trees before and had that in mind when i took this picture. The line, however, i hadn't thought out as much. The line was only 30-45 cm off the ground, and i wasn't able to actually compose the picture through the viewfinder. Would you have preferred a more noticeable tilt to the line over this? In the future i will likely try to make both horizontal and more diagonal compositions.

i agree with you on the aperture... that was one of my first regrets about this picture after i took it.

i think that the dust was on the lens rather than the sensor, as it didn't appear in any of my other pictures that day, as i recall.

As for the watermark--i just made an action in Photoshop that is use for all of my pictures now... it's just one click, so it appeals to the lazy side of me. i may in the future look into a few small touches on each picture to make it adequately subtle, but currently my attitude is that it doesn't pose a hindrance to the purposes of this site as it is, and so i'm not going to go too far out of my way to customize it to each picture.

i really appreciate your critique--i can tell that you thought it out very carefully, and i appreciate the subtleties that you brought to my attention.

Thanks!
sam