To jean113: Poor homeless man..... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jean113 2020-04-06 1:56

Hello John, I used to be familiar with this street as we visited York quite regularly.
The range of shops etc., was always interesting.
This shot shows just how popular it still is.
I like the light, it has produced some good shadows.
Whether by accident or not, the composition suits the title perfectly. I am surprised that you didnít see him when composing the picture. Your notes are certainly food for thought. I have been wondering the same; where will these poor people go. And as the streets are so quiet there is no-one there to give them anything.
Thanks for sharing, regards Jean.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:29 AM
TE Expert

Default To jean113: Poor homeless man.....

Hello Jean,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Yes, sadly I can honestly say that I did not notice this homeless man sitting in this doorway when I took the picture though I definitely did see quite a few similar individuals crouched in less salubrious places near the railway museum. The sun was blindingly bright here and I just thought I'd try to get some shots against the light as we walked down the street as I liked the shadows cast by the people walking towards us. Even after I downloaded the images onto my computer, it wasn't clear at all what was going on in the deep shadows on the right and it was only after fiddling in Photoshop that it came apparent that there was indeed someone there.

Of course, we do know that in many cities hotels (which would otherwise now be empty of guests) have been taking in people such as these, so I can only hope and pray that this fellow now has found, or been given, somewhere safe to stay.

You take care in these worrying times, Jean.

Kindest Regards,

John.