To holmertz: Re- - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2016-12-02 3:54

Hello György,
It's amusing to see the barrier in the middle of a field with no fence on the sides. I guess it looked different before 1989. But this gave you a chance to make a nice composition with the well placed trees in the background and the pretty little clouds at the top. Entering and leaving Hungary in 1969 I saw the watch towers and barbed wire of the WS. They were gone for many years but now they are back... :-( . The trespassing cat could possibly have been shot in earlier days.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 12-02-2016, 11:38 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Re-

Dear Gert,

The only difference is that in the past the fence was intended to stop those who wanted to flea to us from the rotting capitalism, now it want to keep away those, who are escaping from war zones. The only good things is that cats are allowed to have a nap nowadays and nobody bothers them.

Joke apart: thank you very much for visiting and sharing your thoughts

Best Wishes,
Gy

PS: Do you have any photos from the Hungarian border that time?
Old 12-02-2016, 11:42 AM
TE Expert

Are you joking again? Do you think I wanted to get arrested for taking photos at the border? I could have been sent to a labour camp and not getting out until 1989.
Gert
Old 12-02-2016, 03:51 PM
TE Expert

What kind of world was it before 1989? No selfies, borders and arrested tourist?