Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2015-06-17 23:29

Hello Craig,
Yes, your other photos from Lofoten are beautiful but rather gloomy, without green and with gray cloudy skies. It looks so different with the sun and blue sky with some clouds. I think that such views there are everywhere around. Water, mountain and red small house. I like the houses with grass on the roof.
There quite many buses so no problem with seeing some places. it seems that Reine and Hamnoy are the most attractive. I do not know yet if it is possible to climb a bit to see the view from above. I am so excited already.
Warm regrads Malgo

Old 06-18-2015, 02:26 PM
TE Expert

Default To emka: Reine

Hi Malgo
I can help you out a bit with some info....

food in Lofoten is very expensive...
so here is what you do....

In Reine, there is a popular shopping store...its very small, but everyone in the town shops there. it also has a post office. Its the small store that's on the MAIN ROAD, not a small road in town, but on the HWY ROAD, up the hill from the town. The Famous photo of the mountains in Reine that Ney has posted so many times is easy to spot - you won't miss it. But the shopping store is NOT in that area, its up the main HWY ROAD in Reine.

this is where you buy your food - or at least that's what we did
they have postcards there too haha, I mailed mine from this place.

Walking around Hamnoy and Reine are the best.
When in Hamnoy, walk up the bridge to get the view of the red cabins that I did in my recent post, the vertical shot - the photo I posted with 98 pts. that one. Make sure you walk up the bridge !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's the only way to get that pov

And yes, Hamnoy is also a beauty! Spend at least 2 days in Hamnoy.
spend at least 2 days in Reine.
Svolvear or Svolvaer is also worth seeing.

any questions let me know
Cheers