To bisok: The Pyramid of Khafre - Reply - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bisok 2011-08-16 8:41

Hi Galvin,

That's an extraordinary photo taken in a very common tourist place. Really great. I like it, however I am thinking about the sky over the pyramid. It's look a bit artificially. Was it changed ?
Anyway, well done Galvin.

Regards,
Mirek

Old 08-17-2011, 09:14 AM
TE Newbie

Smile To bisok: The Pyramid of Khafre - Reply

Hi Mirek,
Thank you for your comments and feedback. The photo has been processed using HDR imaging which has increased the overall saturation of the sky. The blue is definately stronger in my photo than in reality but I intentionally left it that way for effect. The morning that I visited the pyramids was smoggy with a bit of rain but the skies cleared up nicely later in the day.
Kind Regards,
Galvin
Old 08-18-2011, 08:29 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Hdr

Hi Galvin,

Thak you for your explanation. I realize about that. My intention was to tell you, that for me that's not a problem that the photo has been processed using HDR imaging which has increased the overall saturation of the sky. In my opinion you've gone a little too far with the sky and for me it looks a little bit artificially, as if it was changed with a picture of the sky taken from the Internet :-)
The sky looks a little bit, let's say too perfectely compare to the rest of the photo, or so ...
But anyway, as I said, that's an interesting photo taken professionally, and you shouldn't take my opinion too seriously. I've just been thinking about the sky in your photo :-)

Take care

Mirek