To abmdsudi: thank u bunches - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great abmdsudi 2011-02-18 10:25

Mona Lisa
This has good color in the sky and light off the sea and full of interests. There is detail in the dark areas. Great potential in this picture IMHO. A strong sunset photo needs a strong sky and a strong usually silhouetted foreground and at least one of those needs to be pretty spectacular. I think you have a reasonable sky and a reasonable foreground. You have controlled the exposure well in this condition but things often work better in the minutes after the sun has gone below the horizon. In this image, even this low in the sky, the sun is still very much brighter, so you end up with a yellow-white blob as your main centre of attention. So avoid the blown-out area of the sun, try to shoot 15- 20 mins after sundown, the glow of colors can be magical! Another tip is that your camera's auto white balance works against you for sunsets shot. It tries to correct for the warm light, diluting all the colours. You could try selecting 'daylight' white balance but that's a bit extreme so try 'overcast' or 'cloudy' tends to work better. Its a beautiful shot nevertheless.

This is my sincere critique hopefully you find the feedback helpful and constructive. Thank you
Best rgds

Old 02-19-2011, 12:13 AM
TE Newbie

Default To abmdsudi: thank u bunches

Abmdsudi, I really appreciate ur inputs and crtiques for me. It is something technical I didn't know much about. . I will try to remember such thingS on my next sunset shot. Thank you.
-Iwish u a great weekend! ~ Mona