To mkamionka: about blue hour - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2010-08-01 3:49

Dear Hakki,
indeed your collection is rather a brown hour than blue, but it is not less beautiful and impressive so you have nothing to worry about. Your sky is brown if when you take a shot too long after sunset. To catch a perfect blue hour sky you need to check the official sunset time e.g. on yahoo weather for your location, and add half an hour. This is exactly when the blue hour starts and it lasts usually for about half an hour. It may be a bit sooner or later depending on the clouds and the brightness of city illumination.
Yet as I say, you have nothing to worry about -your works are fantastic, I enjoy very much the composition here. The boat moving on the water and everything around still. Nice green foreground and great background.
Very well done,
M

Old 08-01-2010, 11:25 AM
TE Junior Member

Smile To mkamionka: about blue hour

I found very useful information about blue hour, you gave me. It is very hard to find blue hour indeed , even though I tried many times to catch it ,I was only successful in my couple of pictures yet. Your calculation method is good. I used http://www.timeanddate.com to find sunset and I will be careful to not miss after half and hour than sunset time. Thank you very much indeed.
Hakki