To sayan911: Workshop - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good sayan911 2008-11-20 21:02

Hi James,

Nice photo. But may be in a much wider view it would look better. A bit hazy too. Though, good job.

Regards
Sandip

Old 11-22-2008, 01:42 AM
TE Newbie

Default To sayan911: Workshop

Thanks for the workshop Sandip.

It's a personal thing but I'd have to say that the seapray and mist on the rocks, i.e. the haziness, is entirely the reason this area is charming and unique.

It's also possible to overuse the 'sharpen' tool on Photoshop too much such that as in this case, the whole picture can look far too artificial and grainy, as in this case.

However - I think the border is fabulous - I haven't yet learned how to do this - perhaps you could share? It's not a feature that I can find within Photoshop.

Best wishes - will have a look at some of your work too, and try to workshop.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:27 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To sayan911: Workshop

Well, James ,,,as you said it was a personal point of view of mine regarding this photo. However, lets talk about framing a photo. Firstly you have to download those photos which have fabulous frames surrounding them. Open it with Photoshop and then cut off the main picture from the center, save the canvas with the frame only in JPEG format. You can use it while editing another photo. That's it.

Regards
Sandip
Old 12-16-2008, 10:14 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To sayan911: Workshop

Sorry - didn't see before now that you had replied!

Thanks for the idea.

I must admit, in the interim I have found and downloaded an interesting program called Irfan View which I am using to do my framing for me, it also has decent scratch removal features too. It's freeware, perhaps you'd be interested in downloading it too!

Best wishes,

James