To scobert: colorado highlands - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great scobert 2008-02-19 20:26

Hello Kristaps,
You must have felt that you were on top of the world up on this high plateau! A fantastic, almost otherworldly image of this strange and beautiful country. The Ecuadorean lighting is the most unusual lighting that I have ever seen (the Colorado high country has some similarities this Ecuadorean scene...sans volcanos). The lighting was challenging to capture, but the results are amazing. The dappled sunlight, the rain clouds in the distance, and the composition is all outstanding! Beautiful landscape!
Stan

Old 02-20-2008, 04:40 PM
TE Expert

Default To scobert: colorado highlands

hello stan

first, thank you for your visit and the kind comment. as to the light: yes, it's very interesting (and difficult) in ecuador. very unpredictable (there is absolutely no guarantee you will get your subject sunlit even if the there was broad sunlight when you left your home). we learned from the locals that the months of july and august are usually the least cloudy. that's when ecuadorian photographers take those beautiful fotos of volcanoes against blue skies that can be seen in ecuadorian professional photo albums. i quite like the cloudy play too though :)

colorado highlands: eh, something i want to see too some day. some day i will try to do that :)
cheers,
kristaps