To Clairedelune: yes, I am back - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Clairedelune 2007-02-12 21:28

Prantik!!!!
Nice to see you! Have you decided to come back? I was so sad to see that you had deleted all your pictures.
I recognize your eyes here. Your 'strange' way of framing your subject(s). 'Strange' in a good way. A triangle made by three people here, with no connection between them (or so it seems). Or a square if we decide to include the shadow of the head. Yours? If it is, you are the "missing link". ;)
Usually, I don't like overexposed parts. Here, it works, in my opinion. The really out of this world white of the car and of the 'thing' the woman is carrying add to the strange feeling of the photo. We can almost feel the burning sun.
Well, welcome back!
Claire

Old 02-13-2007, 06:00 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Clairedelune: yes, I am back

Dear Claire

Thanks a lot. Yes, I am back. I had to take a break for various reasons, but I will be more active from now on. Happy New Year.
I had the most wonderful time backpacking through central and southern Mexico during the holidays. Absolutely fabulous country with so much to offer. I got really lucky with this picture. The photo is mainly made of three colours: white (car, "thing", "mailbox?"), blue (her sachel and shoes, and the two little "doors" on the mailbox) and yellow (wall and the driver). The red acts as an accent (her "belt", a piece of cloth on the ground next to her feet, piece of cloth in the bag of the man sitting against the wall, and the builiding on the upper right corner). I didn't plan it that way but it just worked out somehow. No, that's not my head. I wore baseball cap for a week in the mid 90s and that was the last time.

I miss the sun of southern mexico.

Cheers
Prantik
Old 02-13-2007, 01:21 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: A Clairedelune: yes, I am back

Well, I'm happy to see you back! Breaks can be good once in a while. But next time, don't leave with your photos! ;)

Interesting observation about the colors. And true.

Can you believe that? I dreamt about your image last night!!! I was reading a new critique. The member was saying it was "circular". Not a triangle, not a square, but a circle! Hey! It's a dream! :)))

Cheers!
Claire
Old 02-13-2007, 03:49 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: A Clairedelune: yes, I am back

> Can you believe that?

Now, that's a real honour. You made my day.

> The member was saying it was "circular". Not a triangle, not a
> square, but a circle! Hey! It's a dream! :)))

It may have been a dream for you but I often get to see people, especially those markeing guys, fit a circle through four points. They bring good coffee to the meetings, so I often forgive them.

Speaking of missing the Mexican sun, there is a small town called Mexico in upstate New York. They got 8 feet of snow couple of days ago.