To AandK: Andreas...lighting conditions. - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great AandK 2006-08-26 15:58

Another nice location:)
Yap, you were right concerning that contrast thing in my shot. In this particular shot of yours the lighting conditions weren't that easy aswell. You managed to deal with the bright backlight in a rather moderate way to make it not burn out. Well done! A lot of detail and sharpness here!
TFS
Andreas

Old 08-27-2006, 01:11 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To AandK: Andreas...lighting conditions.

Thanks for stopping and taking positively my comment regarding the excessive contrast in your photo which unfortunately "blew" out some of the whites. (but the compo was great...so next time overall will be perfect) Yes the lighting was not easy here in this photo also...I believe the rule in digital is to expose for the highlights and let the dark ends cater for themselves...these are recoverable in PP (might increase the grain in the dark areas but even this is reparable with Noise Reduction softwares), what cannot be repaired is lack of info in the highlight blown out areas. Hope this is of help. Just practice & enjoy !
Best regards, Robert
Old 08-28-2006, 03:46 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To AandK: Andreas...lighting conditions.

Thanks very very much for all these educating hints. I think experience is the best thing to do... All in all it sounds easy what you say concerning finding the correct exposure but it is not! After a while you managed different conditions and you improve automatically. Thanks for answering,
Andreas