TE Expert

Default Re: rigolo

assolument....
mais c'est pas moi qui est commencé..na..! :-D
Old 02-08-2008, 01:52 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: rigolo

"assolument...."

Tout un jeu de mot si on le prononce en Anglais.
J'en connais un qui va se faire chicaner!!!!!!

Charles
Old 02-08-2008, 02:25 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Non-english threads

எழுப்பத்திஏழு மில்லியன் மக்கள் தமிழ் பேசுகிறார்கள் இதில் எழுபது சதவிகிதம் ஆங்கிலம் சரளமாக பேச ௯டியவர்கள் என்னதான்

ஆங்கிலம் பேசினாலும் அனைவரும் தமிழ் கலாச்சாரத்தை விட்டு விடவில்லை மொழியை அதிகம் பேசுபவர்கள்
பட்டியலில் தமிழ் உலக அளவில் இருபதாவது இடம்

Translated
77 million people speak Tamil in the world, even more then French, se e the list where English is still on the third place. 1 milliard Indians got at least some notice of the English language.

The real question is, do you really want to seal yourself off in your island thinking that it is the only culture in the world ?
Maybe worth to consider: the more languages you speak, the more cultures you know, as a language is the carrier of a culture ... as such you could avoid the so called window-shooting, not knowing in fact what you try to share of a foreign culture, your camera doesn't know, you could !

And if you really want to share to the world, it is far more wise to use a language that is understood by most in stead of seeling yourself of from the world in your island. Travelling the world is travelling cultures=languages. Of course nobody can force you to come out of your sheltered island.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:26 AM
TE Senior Member

This is really crazy. The forum is just like having a remote for your television. If I don't feel like getting an entire thread ... shoot, what do you call?? Oh - translated, I just don't read it. Why should I expect someone else to put themselves out for ME to understand if they can get the answers they need in their native tongue? Or go to that kind of trouble and only those who speak their language respond?? I don't think so, Scooter. And hey, and I'm one of those 'awful Americans'...
Shelly
Old 02-08-2008, 04:02 AM
TE Expert

Hi Henk,
How can you say less than 77 million speaks french?? Here a copy paste from your link...
365 million total and up to 500 million total with significant knowledge of the language!

By the way, I speak nine languages, 2 of them from India...
Best regards
Laurent
Old 02-08-2008, 05:07 AM
TE Junior Member

I respectfully disagree.

The ethos of the site being to learn more about the world through photography, maybe the answer is for the rest of us to try and learn a little more French, or Tamil, or Swahili or whatever. At least the opportunity is there. It's the Internet so embrace the diversity!

Cheers!

Bob G.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Banned

Y a t-il ici quelqu'un qui veut m'aimer ce soir ?
Old 02-08-2008, 08:03 AM
TE Expert

Dear Achim,

few minutes ago I just wrote a message in french in a thread dealing about a deleted photo. It took me 2 minutes to tell exactly what I wanted to tell. If I decided to post in english, I would probably have spent 10 minutes and I since my english is not that good I would probably not said the half of what I said in french. And there would have also probability to be misunderstood (just like 2 days ago in an other thread when jrj thought I was attaking him and it was not the case at all). So those kind of thread (in french, but also in spanish, german, turkish and so on) are not a major problem to me since thread in english stays the biggest part. Starting such a thread, people know they're not talking to most of the TE members but just to a little part of it...

Have a good week-end,

Loïc
Old 02-08-2008, 08:39 AM

I would far prefer to do my own translation from French, German etc than to attempt to decipher the strangled English that sometimes appears when non-English speakers use a translator tool before posting.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:50 AM
TE Expert

absolutely,
i also prefer make my own translation, even if it will differ from the orignal in french, and may be shorter, but for sure more understanding by the community, instead of babelfish and others..

but, even if i repeat again and again, it's a pity that a spanish (or a norvegian, or a chinese..) guy writes his note only in english..

cheers