Furachan - Page 10 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-22-2008, 12:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Furachan

Hi Alexander.

Thanks for clarifying that. If I've been 'touchy' it has nothing to do with not being accepted - but everything to do with 'how' the Ph admin team delivers the rebuttal. Their message does come across as quite 'elitist'.

I can only speak for myself, however, I am as obsessive about my photography as any amateur possibly can be. Like you, I am an amateur photographer but that doesn't preclude me (or anyone else) acting in a professional manner or aspiring to produce photographs that would not look out of place next to a professional's.

One of the frustrations I have with TE is that I don't feel it allows me to be as creative as I'd like. The TOS suggests that it seeks good quality 'record shots'. That's okay but I'm at the stage where I'm considering placing more emphasis on TL.

This still doesn't get past the fact that, in addition to being a member of TE / TL, I'd like to work on photographic projects / essays - something that, so far, I don't believe the Trek sites offer. Ph seemed to offer that opportunity.

As I've just said to Jinju (Rafal) I sincerely hope that Ph and its members progress and go on to great things. However, if PH wants to do this, I feel it needs to make itself a bit of a 'broader church' whilst not allowing itself to become flooded with time / bandwidth wasters.

All the best, Paul.