I will delete my page. - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:47 PM
TE Expert

Default I will delete my page.

I have 7 years I've lost many hours in the ET do not think I deserved to have erased my photo infra red I have 24 pictures posted here. if not again put my picture back I will delete my page.

Thanks Gonçalo
Old 11-10-2010, 06:50 PM

It would be a pity if you go, Gonçalo, but why didn't you follow the TOS rules? Especially if you're a member for 7 years...

Photographs:
1. Only photographs are permitted. Images may not be digitally manipulated in an image editing program ie, Photoshop except for the following reasons:
i. Copyright notices and (straight-edged, plain) frames
NB: Copyright/ Watermark information may contain your name, but no graphics are allowed - Frames must be plain and straight edged (simple drop shadow is allowed) - Cannot contain gradients, textures, blurring or beveling.
Those posts not adhering to the these guidelines will be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
ii. Cropping, resizing and sharpening
iii. Touching up (dust, slight imperfections)
iv. Levels, Curves, Color adjustment, Hue, Saturation etc. for minor image enhancements.
v. Multiple exposures to get proper exposure values
vi. Stitching for panoramic photos
vii. Color conversion to Black and White, Sepia, Duotone etc.
viii. Perspective correction for parallax or lens distortion.
ix. Infrared photos are not allowed.

Regards,

Viviane / Mod
Old 11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
TE Expert

Default I have 24 photos infra red in TE

I do not understand why only now put out this photo infra red and my other 24 pictures published here, because they were never erased?

If rules are to meet soon so I had cleared my first picture, I have not been back to post pictures infrared

Gonçalo

Last edited by Bluejeans; 11-10-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:00 PM

I think that nobody saw BEFORE that your photos were infrared ones... But on your last picture somebody saw it and inactivated.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:06 PM
TE Expert

Default I am very sad for this person

I did not deserve this, throughout this seven years I knew many people and seen from many others go always tried to keep Te in spite of changes over the years, if not my photo back, I am sorry but I will delete all my pictures and my own: (

A hug Gonçalo
Old 11-10-2010, 07:17 PM

In the past it is true that many images which broke the TOS of the site escaped notice and remained on the site. This inconsistency itself upset many members who tried hard to stay within the rules. Now we strive to apply the TOS more consistently and without favour, and I don't think the mods should make any apology for doing that.
None of us want members to leave, BUT neither can we accept that the rules should be applied to only certain members. I certainly hope that you do not leave the site but will understand that the only way to be fair IS to apply the same rules to everybody. I can say with certainty that yours are not the only infrared images to have been removed from the site recently.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 PM
TE Expert

Default I think I'm the only one on this site using a filter tobacco

I'll think more calmly'm really sad, I think that sometimes the rules must be broken, because my pictures with the tobacco filter are not erased, is a filter such as infrared,
Old 11-10-2010, 07:40 PM
TE Expert

Default Hi Keith

I understand that rules must be respected, but just do not understand why after I have posted 24 pictures in the ET, and now and this off, because TE did not erase all my other 24 photos as I understand it, so go out one and get the one other 24

Gonçalo
Old 11-10-2010, 09:35 PM

The explanation of why the others haven't been deleted is actually very simple. It would be most unfair to delete images long after they are posted for a number of reasons. For example it's possible that the TOS have changed since a previous image was posted and a rule we are applying to a current image didn't apply to an earlier one. As a matter of fact, one of my own early images would now be in violation of the TOS although it was perfectly acceptable at the time it was posted.
We are trying to apply the rules fairly going forward and have no wish to look back over extended periods for other images which are inappropriate under the current TOS. Any system adopted is almost certain to discover anomolies if a search is made of the entire photo database, which is one of the reasons why we can't accept examples of similar photos as justification for an image remaining.
I hope you will understand the rationale of what we are attempting to do and will remain with us as a valued member, operating within the TOS.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
TE Expert

Default Hi Keitht

ok ,I understand, let the head cool

Um abraço Gonçalo
Closed Thread