Server response time - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-09-2008, 05:00 PM
TE Expert

Default Server response time

To whom it may concern

I experience presently a very slow response time from the TE server (also compared to other servers in the same region as TE - probable not my lines then...)

Some follow up would be most welcome.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:07 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Server response time

Jack,

I been noticing this on and off for the past few months from our location. Some times of day it can be really bad and some days are worse than others. It has always been limited to TE as well and other sites work fine.

Bob G.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
TE Junior Member

I think it was between 10 and 11 am Middle European Time when I had that problem and it is ongoing (now around 7 pm here). Seems to be a problem in the database or server/database as some calculations/transformations have problems (the signs for the critiques/workshops/notes is sometimes displayed sometimes I see the figures. The previews of the captures do not work, the captures itself seldom. But others seems to see (maybe sometimes) the captures as I got responses over the whole day on my new. I tried to see something nearly each hour, the last critique from myself was around 9 am. Ulf
Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 AM
TE Expert

Thank's for the follow up guys!

As usual no response from the site admin.

OK for me. I keep on uploading a photo now and then and critics and other activities must be postponed as I can't dedicate all the waiting time for TE..
Old 04-11-2008, 04:40 AM
TE Senior Member

Jack,

Last week was a bad week for many site owners. Don't know about the week before, but there were a lot of hack attacks (possibly BOT's). Some were so heavy that sites had to be closed down for a while. This also generated a lot of traffic, so depending on where you were this could mean that the internet looked slow.

It could be your connection also, more people connected on the hub, distance to the hub, you know all this.

hope it gets better,
regards,
David