Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kemelodes 2006-08-18 11:29

Hi francesco!!
Very good shot! overall the threedimentional sensation produced by the candles in the first plane and well integrated into the rest of the picture.
Congratulations!!

Old 08-20-2006, 12:13 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Floydian: Nice underwear :O)

Good morning Henk,

Yeah - it was a great day with a lot of fun - and the weather changed from rainy in the morning to a wonderful blue sky.

What would you have changed technical? ISO, aperture, shutter?

Pls. tell me :O)

Have a nice day, Henk.

Here it's raining again :)

Tina
Old 08-20-2006, 12:39 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Floydian: Nice underwear :O)

Goodmorning Tina ;-)

Good to hear that finally the sun came through and got some nice photos.

I know for myself how much bokeh the 85 has, so raising it up to f8.0 is very common and still have enough dof.
But in this case the dof works fine, because the accent of the image is lying on the underwear, f4 was just good for that. When you had choosen for 1.8 the face would be to much out of focus and now we still see the expression on it, although it's a bit blurred.
In good sunlight you had also the choice for 100 iso, but for the 20D that does not make much sense shooting street scenes.
Not much to comment in a negative way on this one, seems pretty good....you got more pictures?

Sun is shining here, but not for long i'll guess, rain is on the way :-(

A perfect sunday for the computer ;-)

Have a nice day,

Henk
Old 08-20-2006, 12:58 PM
TE Junior Member

I should have set the ISO to 100, shouldn't I? And then you would have chosen a f/8.0 to have him sharp all over?

It was really difficult to shoot as everybody were dancing and preforming - really difficult to focus.

You are right - the weather is just perfect for a day in front of the computer.......but I have to go to a birthdayparty.......d**n - I'm too lazy for that right now :O)

Why don't you give us a post today? Yesterday I just had (an other) quick look at your web and I'm still waiting for those beautiful portraits.....I know I know - I'm a very demanding and impatient person :O)....and I'm sure you have enough stock photos to give us a post every single day.....while others (like myself for example :O)) have to bring the camera to work and use our lunch break hoping to find something good enough to upload :O)

Well Henk - have to wrap some paper around that birthday present....so talk to you later :O)

:) Tina
Old 08-20-2006, 01:50 PM
TE Senior Member

When the sun is shing i always use iso 100. When i need speed i maybe consider to use 200.
The cmos sensor in our caemra is so good, you hardly see any different using it for these kind of pictures.

As i said yesterday, i would not use my 85, but have taken the 24-70 and the 70-200.
Moving people is very difficult when you have a prime lens on it.
You have to be very quick, there is not much time to think which setting you need with all those moving people around you. Considering that, you did very well...!!!

I will do a post tomorrow morning before i leave to work (only one week to go). It's a simple old picture (12 years old) but i like it, because it's different from what we see normally from that place.

Yes your right, i could post thousands of pictures, no problem, but is that what i really want?
I have here at least 10.000 pictures that are usefull for TE, but i shall not bore you with so many ;-)

Have a nice birthday party, hope your having fun ;-)

CU

Henk