To gaduliab: a "taşfırın erkeği" ? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 02:38 PM
TE Expert

Default To gaduliab: a "taşfırın erkeği" ?

Merhaba Abnor,

... I really regret now the title of the other thread and would like to delete it but it is impossible : actually I have nothing against Tamer Karadağlı as we did not talk to each other and he was of course very busy, I just observed that he seemed a bit preoccupied by something and not really enjoying himself.

To tell that I don't like him was really too strong, please excuse me if you are one of his fan !
I understand "taşfırın", but this expression I never heard : does it mean that he is very hot tempered ???

I would be happy to know the answer, nk benim Trke o kadar gitmiyor maalesef !

Selamlarimla,
Cath.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To gaduliab: a "taşfırın erkeği" ?

hi Catherine,

"taş fırın erkeği" means "a real macho guy in purest form" in Turkish, LOL!! (literally means, "a man from the stone-oven i.e, traditional, authentic, or a bit 'rough' and 'rude' too maybe, opposite of a modern turkish gentleman(or metro-sexual man, but doesnt necessarily mean that he is not 'educated', or he can even be a kind of "maganda" as well if you know the meaning of that turkish word). :0)

turkish is a funny language, isnt it? this word refers to so many meanings about turkish men in a derogatory way..i would be surprised if a foreign person would get the meaning exactly! ;o)

cheers. Evren
Old 11-05-2008, 01:41 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To gaduliab: a "taşfırın erkeği" ?

Hi Evren, ... I see what you mean by "macho man" in Turkey as I've met quite a few and this actor could well be one of them - ah, the subtilities of a language ! I had understood that he was "hot" but could not figure out in which sense, thank you to have explained, I'll remember and use this expression when needed from now on !

Again sorry to have written such a title for a thread to Mali (Kagemusha), too bad that we cannot delete such stupid remarks ! Again, I have absolutely nothing about this actor, macho or otherwise !

Best regards,
Cath.