To GyurMaster: health care - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great GyurMaster 2020-03-28 2:37

Dear Gert,

Maybe he doesn't like the fact that his town is only famous because of Stalin, or maybe he just had a bad day. Who knows? And does it count? Its a nice nothing special anyway. I particularly like the plastic beer bottle in the front. I don't know if more developed countries know these kind of family size plastic beer bottles, but the are quite common in post-Soviet countries.

Best Wishes,
Gy

PS: I have to assure you that I have beer too in my stocks. :) I'm looking at the news with great interest that your government decided to try the herd immunity approach to the COVID instead of suppressing it as others try. I hope your health care system will endure. What is your opinion?

Old 03-28-2020, 10:12 AM
TE Expert

Default To GyurMaster: health care

Thank you György.
We will only know in several months (at the best) which strategy against the epidemic was the wisest. So far we haven't had the very speedy rise of cases as in some countries. The aim is to create a smoother curve in order to avoid having all serious cases in a short time, which could overwhelm the hospitals. So far the government and health authorities have relied on peoples' own judgement rather than issuing strict orders. There are a lot of recommendations and advise how to behave, but very few formal restrictions.
Stay safe,
Gert
Old 03-28-2020, 12:46 PM
TE Expert

The same here: so far the curfew is rather based on the people's best judgement.