Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 07-21-2016, 09:44 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Encore une photo retirée

Bonsoir les modérateurs,

Je demande la restauration de ma dernière photo retirée abusivement: "Les chats de Frigiliana" qui avait reçu de nombreux commentaires positifs.
La raison: pas d'animaux domestiques.
Ces chats ne sont pas mes chats mais des chats de rues.
De plus beaucoup de photos de chats circulent sur TE, également des écureuils, marmottes et j'ai même vue un nid de rats. Sans parler de macro: papillons, oiseaux, fleurs, abeilles. C'est du n'importe quoi!

Last edited by Gigidusud; 07-21-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:06 AM
TE Expert

I support Ghislaine's demand to have her photo back. It was not a photo of "pets", just a street-photo that happened to include two cats lying on a wall. It could as well have been persons sitting on a bench. The photo was much more a matter of composition and colours than about the individuals seen in it. If this photo was not allowed the rules should be changed to explicitly state that cats are under no circumstances allowed to be shown on TE. There are lots of photos including dogs, so why not cats?
Gert
Old 07-22-2016, 07:21 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Thank you

Hello dear Gert,

Thank you for your support, but I think it 's useless. They haven't even answered.

Sincerely,
Gigi
Old 07-24-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigidusud View Post
Hello dear Gert,

Thank you for your support, but I think it 's useless. They haven't even answered.

Sincerely,
Gigi
I have just returned from a week away and had a look into this. It is perfectly correct to say that nobody has replied, but that is because you didn't provide any reason for disputing the removal. Simply clicking the link for a Review Request isn't enough. I will however copy the information you provided in the original post in this thread to that review request and the mods will consider the request.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:29 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Review Request

Hello,
I clicked on the link but it did not work, that's why I wrote my demand on the forum.
Thank you for your consideration.
Regards,
Gigi
Old 07-26-2016, 07:00 AM

OK, thanks for letting us know. There are a number of problems with the system, as I'm sure you are aware. Please bear with us.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:31 AM

The image has been reinstated. If you are able to, please add to the note on the photo to explain that these are street cats (feral cats) not pets.

Everybody please note - this conversation wouldn't normally take place in the open forum, but as there are bugs preventing PMs etc it's the only way.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:47 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Thank You!

Hello Keitht

Of course I forgive for bugs, but it's just that I do not agree with regulation.
Thank you very much for restored my photo, I am extremely grateful.
Regards.
Gigi
Old 07-27-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigidusud View Post
Hello Keitht

Of course I forgive for bugs, but it's just that I do not agree with regulation.

Regards.
Gigi
There are loads of regulations in the world that I don't agree with too. That doesn't give me the authority to ignore them There are rules for this site and they do need to be adhered to.
With regard to cats and dogs in particular, pets are not allowed (even if they aren't owned by the person taking the photo). Such images will be removed unless it is made clear that they are not pets.