Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2007, 05:45 PM
TE Expert

Default See you soon my friends ...

Just like the name of my last photo … time has come to close the curtains.

I believe there’s no surprise in my decision … long goes the time where TE was on my top priorities … God knows how I loved the place … the people … the photos.

The true is I don’t reckon myself in Today’s TE anymore … my fault probably … To be honest I can’t even tell you why … the place grew too much; some of my all time favorites left and even those who remain are not half as active as they were in a recent past; the point discussion become too annoying; the overall quality of the photos is a lot weaker; the absence of a strong leadership … or simply because we are just moving in opposite directions … I’m focusing more and more in “photography” while TE is focusing more in “Learning about the world”

Don’t get me wrong … I’m not bashing the place that though me almost everything I know about photography. There’s still great members … great photos and most important great persons. But I don’t feel comfortable anymore … there’s no passion … so I’ve made my mind (and it was a though call believe me).

I’m not expecting your reaction … words of praise nor comeback requests … I’m writing this as a humble sign of respect for all of those who spent their time teaching me … advising me … helping me to be a better photographer … every single day.

TE played a major role in my life … it changed my life … I don’t know if it’s a definite goodbye from TE (never say never) but for now it’s time to move on…

But every end means a new beginning … the world is a small place … I’m sure we will meet again sooner or latter.

Best wishes for all of you,
You’re truly special,
Mário Lopes (Lisbon / Portugal)

PS:
I will leave online the series that changed me as a person and as a photographer … this is my humble contribution for the “Learning about the world through photography” underlying theme of TE.

You can always reach me via mail

mariolopes.photography@gmail.com