Contribute to MA Photography programme - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-18-2008, 04:38 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Contribute to MA Photography programme

Hello all, Iím sorry but I have not been as active as I would have liked over the past 6 months on TE. I have been traveling and have also started a MA in Photojournalism, Documentary and Travel photography. Itís a great course run by a UK university but based in China. This yearís students include two World Press winners. One of our first terms assignments is to address the issue of participatory photography and citizenís journalism. We are trying to assess the impact on photography and whether it is a positive or negative for photography in general.
So Iím asking for contributions from all TE members to take/submit a photo in a place where a photographer would not normally be allowed or found. The photo must have been taken in the last 3 weeks this is very important. Some instances might be in a place of work where normally press photographers would not get access or somewhere where you think that the presence of a photographer would greatly change the situation/photo. The photo and the process will be critiqued by the students both in China and in the UK. I can of course pass on any feedback and answer any questions you may have. Please send any photos you may consider to petercarney@gmail.com at TE size. I look forward to what the TE community can come up with!!

For more deatils of the course visit www.photoma.org

Thanks again
Peter Carney
Old 02-18-2008, 10:44 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Contribute to MA Photography programme

Hi Peter,

I live in Saudi Arabia and I have a few photos taken here in Jeddah(at risk of having my camera confiscated all the time) sometime last year. I'm just an amateur but am willing to share my photos with anybody interested.

I have one photo here on TE and a few on my TL account.

Thank you,
Kaye
Old 02-18-2008, 11:09 AM
TE Junior Member

Kaye,
Thanks for your submission it is a very interesting photo and I will definitely show it to the class but I'm not sure i can use it for the assignment as it was not taken in the last 3 weeks. Do you have anything from Saudi Arabia taken in the last few weeks?

Thanks
Peter
Old 02-18-2008, 07:44 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Peter,

I will try to take pictures tomorrow and send them to you.

Wish me luck!

Peace,
Kaye
Old 02-18-2008, 11:59 PM
TE Junior Member

Kaye,

Thank you very much I really appreciate your efforts. Also when you send me the pictures could you give me a little background information on yourself and also the pictures. Thankyou so much Kaye and I'm really looking forward to what you come up with.

Thanks again
Peter
Old 02-20-2008, 07:04 AM
TE Junior Member

Kaye,
Hi i hope you manage to read this. I am getting very close to my deadline. I have to send the image tomorrow before 8pm in Beijing. If you have any images any at all from the last few weeks they would be much appreciated. I'm not sure if you have my email but please send the images to petercarney@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks again
Peter
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry for the late reply, I'll be sending you photos I took tonight :)

Thank you for your trust :)

Peace and light,
Kaye