Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-31-2008, 10:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Default New tech feature will limit post edit time

We will be implementing a tech feature in the near future, that will lock posts in Critiques and Comments 15 minutes after posting. When you post Critiques and Comments on photos, you will have 15 minutes to change what you've written before the posting is locked. This is to prevent abuse of the system.

This won't affect the amount of time you have to compose your post...take as long as you like!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:00 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: New tech feature will limit post edit time

I am an adult person and like to be treated as such. This way of regulations do not raise the worth of TE and the announcement is great with one day before. I leave.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:43 AM
TE Expert

This is to prevent abuse of the system. ????
I don't see any abusing of the system, very strange this new rule
It's not practic, because sometimes I need to correct some errors or if I want to add some explanations.
because I have some difficults with my English.
I prefer sincerlly the ancient way
Old 11-01-2008, 12:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Justine,

That's great news. This will prevent the point traders from mentioning points later or points tomorrow!

The way that it works it, You make the rules, we have to follow them!

Anyone that chooses to leave because of this.....didn't really want to stay anyway. I see one member has removed all of their photos because of this. That's unbelievable! This proves that it doesn't take much for some members to leave and when some leave and blame others, it isn't always a credible excuse, they were just looking for a reason.
I think it's petty of them.....

Scott
Old 11-01-2008, 06:49 PM
TE Expert

I agree with Didi: this feature of editing messages was very useful - first and foremost, because it gives an opportunity to correct a mistake, or if you want to add more to the comment later! sometimes you get new ideas which you want to express and add later... so what do we have now? More pressure? I would like the old system to be back again.
with due regards to the Administration of the site,..!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:05 PM
TE Junior Member

You are given a time limit to fix mistakes...think carefully before you post and after you post it, spend time reviewing it carefully instead of critiquing another.
If you want to add something later, use the discussion option under the discussion threads!
This shouldn't be a big deal as people have made it.
The problem isn't people editing their critiques, it goes beyond that. If you can't sacrifice a little something for the improvement of this site, why are you here?
Old 11-01-2008, 07:49 PM
TE Senior Member

Justine,

I realized something today that I think is worth mentioning.
When I still had my points on, I would give smilies (points) they way I thought it was good; I was one of the few who used the NR, 0 and 1 pointers as well. IF someone would react to my critique, it was always possible for me to go back and correct the critique AND the points. This happened regularly. If a note was missing, and it would show up, I would increase the points for instance.

This is now become impossible.
Not that it matters much, because almost all critiques have 2 points nowadays, but the possibility to use the system in a normal way is now gone.

just a thought,
regards,
David
Old 11-01-2008, 08:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Excuse me David, I know you were writing to Justine here but I have to ask:

"IF someone would react to my critique, it was always possible for me to go back and correct the critique AND the points."

How come a "Thank you for adding your notes" isn't good enough? If they learned that notes are important, they'll leave them on the next photo. No disrespect but - We aren't seals and the points aren't little fishies!
I do respect those people who use the 0 1 2 NR type critiques, since you abandoned the points, it's surely TE's loss!

Scott
Old 11-01-2008, 08:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Scott,
In the beginning I didn't correct either critiques or points, but somehow along the line I started doing it, and I liked it better.
What's more important is that the possibility is gone now, others won't be able to use it anymore . . .

I just wondered if IB knew why the possibility was there and that besides abuse the possibility of good use was also available.?

have a nice weekend :)
Old 11-02-2008, 01:04 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: RIDICULOUS

dear admin. so, what exactly do you call "abuse of system"? the fact that i (for example) on one day write 40 critiques, because on that particular day i feel inspiration to write more than the aloted 20 (it's possible i do not come back for more writing for a week or two due to time constraints), and come back the next day just to add points the critiques that i left pointless the previous day? in what sense is this an ABUSE OF SYSTEM?? the total number of pointed critiques per day does not change... i just wrote them all on one day (and, honestly, i do not feel it's anybody's business that i did it that way), whereas the points got distributed over two days.

abuse of system? in my view, this whole schenanigan is just plain ridiculous. as someone noted earlier: there are no rewards (that we know) neither financial nor expressed in any other form for having many points; neither there are any danger to our well being for having few or no points.

k.

--

"We will be implementing a tech feature in the near future, that will lock posts in Critiques and Comments 15 minutes after posting. When you post Critiques and Comments on photos, you will have 15 minutes to change what you've written before the posting is locked. This is to prevent abuse of the system.

This won't affect the amount of time you have to compose your post...take as long as you like!"