Photo Uploads - 1/day? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-23-2003, 09:59 AM
TE Expert

Default Photo Uploads - 1/day?

I'm thinking about changing photo uploads to 1 per day. Any opinions on this? If not, I'll make the change over the weekend.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:50 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Photo Uploads - 1/day?

Hi Adam...if the change is due technical reasons then you have to do it...If not, the 2 uploads per day,as it is today, is ok i think...
Old 05-23-2003, 04:18 PM

I'm with George, if you need to do it for bandwidth reasons sure - otherwise I'm happy with 2/day.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:17 PM
TE Newbie

Hi everyone.

If it would give people more of a chance to critique new photos, then I am all for it. With so many new photos appearing in a day, it's hard to give them all sufficient viewing time.

Great site by the way, I have only been here for a week and I am learning so much.

Hope to upload some more of Canada when I work out how to use Photoshop.

Piotr
Old 05-23-2003, 05:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi,
Maybe it could be a good idea. As said before, there are many pictures upload every day. So it's getting difficult to dee them all, sometime you don't see new photo at all. So may be 1 upload a day would be nice. Whatever the dandwidth.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:06 AM
TE Junior Member

completely of agreement a photograph per day to have the time of all to us to see them .
Old 05-24-2003, 10:25 AM
TE Junior Member

I project that restricting uploads to 1/day will raise the standard of pic's as well as critiques. I think that a raised standards of pic's/crit's is a good thing.
Hence; I project that restricting uploads to 1/day is a good thing.

Mikkel

PS: Sorry - I obviously need to do more travelling and less philosophy...
Old 05-24-2003, 01:49 PM
TE Junior Member

Taking apart eventual technical reasons, 1pic/day would leave more exposure time on the gallery and allow more response from other mambers. As a consequence, contribute to upgrade the each one's level thru others input. It's a good move... and thanks for this wonderful website, Adam.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:08 PM
TE Senior Member

I have no problems with reducing the number of shots I can upload, but I would suggest a possible alternative. How about allowing 3 shots every 3 days? The overal submissions would remain the same, but it would allow me (and others) to post more shots right after they are processed, rather than spacing 24 hours apart. Also, if you are doing a series of related shots(as I have recently done), being able to post together would be advantageous. I would be curious to know why you are considering the change (bandwidth, view time, etc). No matter what, I will certainly be happy with your choice.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:28 AM
TE Expert

"How about allowing 3 shots every 3 days?"

Hmm, that's a good point, maybe I'll try 2 shots per 2 days.

"if you are doing a series of related shots(as I have recently done), being able to post together would be advantageous"

True, but keep in mind about the Travelogue feature, which I think might be useful in that case. You can specify the day you took them and it will be grouped together, and you can add an optional travelogue story to accompany the photos as well.

"I would be curious to know why you are considering the change (bandwidth, view time, etc)."

Well, to allow photos to remain on main page longer so as to allow more critiques, exposure etc. In the past I have had other members contact me requesting this so that's the main reason. As far as bandwidth etc, it's been increasing quite a bit, it would be nice to find a sponsor eventually.