Confrontation - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-21-2004, 04:36 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Confrontation

I'm looking forward to the others. Thanks for your note. I was there last year for the peace rallies and have great photos but my scanner has been tweaked for primarily text (my husband is blind and uses the scanner for printed matter) and does a poor job with photos (even with high resolution).
I'm gald you'll be posting more, thank you.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:57 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Confrontation

I've just posted my last in this series. I hope you like it. I would be interested in general comments on this series as a whole picture story.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:36 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Sam
I've had a busy week and only today had the time to calmly reviwe your phots. I'm only a point and shot person with a cheap camera so my opinions are amateurish at best. I really enjoyed your series, it made me almost feel like I was there. I particularly like the first four as they show so much tension and conviction. They have a strong impact may be viewed as disturbances to the banal lives of some. I can see the moment that you captured in your first photo posted being very controversial for so many reason (my father in law and I'll argues extensively if I show it to him).
The last two show the after the protest feeling sore feet, tired, hungry, if I can't find them how do I get home.
The girl with the drum seems to say I found my spot and from here I'll proclaim my truth and my truth is peace.
The reporter shot is my least favorite of this series he does seem like a fish out of water to me.
This series could be in a high quality magazine. You did good...
I looked in your other photos I like how you portray the bay area I wish I had talent and knowledge like you.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:23 PM
TE Newbie

Christina-- Thank you for your extensive (and flattering) comments on my protest series. In shooting and editing my photos from the event, I wanted to show the complete picture story--from hard-core conflict, to a fish-out-of-water observer.

Thanks again for your comments! I invite comments on the series from others as well.