To SnapRJW: Don't make jokes with the Chipmunks! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great SnapRJW 2014-06-28 10:52

Hello Andre - A fine tribute to a great photographer. Beautifully managed ... those eyes are solemn and serious but wonderful. I prefer the stance of your little novice to the of McCurry's as his hand holding the bowl is much more of a feature and I think his head and eyes are at a better angle. I note the last comment about the light. It is soft and to my eyes the shot is nicely exposed with the full width of the histogram utilised, whites and blacks included.

The only think I don't like is the title... sorry ;)

Warm regards

Rosemary

Old 06-28-2014, 06:12 PM
TE Expert

Default To SnapRJW: Don't make jokes with the Chipmunks!

Hi Rosemary,

I always try to play with words when it comes to my title, and in this case, my intention was to call it "Micro Monk", as the boy was very little and fragile.

But while uploading, I had a sudden flash, as the "Chipmunk"are these little "mice" with high pitch voice, and I thought the play of words was funny.

Nothing derogatory from my part, I respect people too much for that. Although the little monk didn't talk to me, other than a certain non-verbal bonding, I am convinced that he had a high pitch voice like the Chipmunks...

I should have called this photo "A tribute to Steve McCurry", to remain neutral, no thong in cheeks.

Thank you for your generous comment Rosemary. You have talent with words and I often read the critiques you leave to others as well, as you have an in-depth approach and it is obvious that you just don't leave superficial comments, like cut and paste. People who receive your comments should be grateful.

Best regards,

André

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RP19fnff_c
Old 06-29-2014, 11:33 AM
TE Expert

Hello Andre - I didn't for one minute that your title was to be taken as a derogatory comment, far from it as I know that you taken portraiture and your relationship with the subject seriously and have nothing but respect for the dignity of whomsoever you photograph. I just felt that the title was a little flippant for a such a beautifully managed and presented shot and denigrated your work. It deserves better!

Thank you very much for your comment about my talent for words. It means a lot to me as I love words and writing very much.

Take care and warm regards

Rosemary