To InasiaJones: Andre Andre Andre Andre... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

InasiaJones 2014-01-21 18:13

Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata, Malgorzata...

What are you doing!!!!

Don't fall into that tacky and cheesy HDR trap, you will loose all your credibility as a respectable photographer!!!!

Okay, you are still border, your photo still retains some of its natural quality, but as soon as it becomes detectable, the damage is done!... :-p)) There's a bit of teasing in my comment, but also some truth.

Don't get me wrong, your photo is really beautiful and restitute the splendor of Honfleur under the best of light, but maybe it didn't need that disneyland treatment. If there was any value or merit in such effect, you would see it in National Geographic, Geo, or your favorite travel magazines.

This is a naive distraction, an embarrassing disguise, like an inch of make-up, lipstick and fake eyelashes on the most beautiful woman.

It's forbidding and anything except natural and artistic.

Please don't hate me Malgorzata, I just speak my mind in all honesty and with constructive and friendly intention, and I feel it would be a shame for a good photographer like you to succumb to such a deceiving visual disgrace.

But at the end, these are your photos, your souvenirs, your work, and you do it your way... I couldn't help but to communicate my visceral hatred of this ridicule treatment that takes away all the quality, nobility and dignity in photography.

Regards and respect!

André

P.S.: If you think I am alone to hate these fake pastel colors, have a look at this website that I have just discovered, where HDR is classified as the worst garbage and crap to ever hit photography.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/78853041@N00/discuss/72157594216393884/

Old 01-22-2014, 09:03 AM
TE Expert

Talking To InasiaJones: Andre Andre Andre Andre...

Andre Andre Andre (24 times)
I woke up today at 4a.m. and looked at the TE site on my ipad (I sleep with it ). Strange note... I tried to sleep again. After some time I looked once more. It still was there. How emotional is your comment, I do not remember anything like it . In fact, I do not like HDR when it is not natural, so I can understand your feeling. But I was surprised reading also in some previous critiques that it was HDR. It wasn't. It is post processed photo but close to the original view, I haven't done much to it, of course, resizing, then sharpening. But in any case it is a question how far you move the slider. Was it too far here? I haven't noticed it.
Why should I hate you? I appreciate your honest opinion very much and I found some words even flattering, "for a good photographer like you ". Although I make many many photos I do not regard myself as a photographer, rather an old blond woman with a camera.
"like an inch of make-up, lipstick and fake eyelashes" haha, I found this funny too, you should see me to realize why .

I looked at this website. Looks like a crusade against HDR.
Have a nice day Malgo
Old 01-22-2014, 12:47 PM
TE Expert

Malgo, Malgo, Malgo,Malgo...

You are sleeping with your iPad!... LOL! That's not good for your sleeping pattern...

It's good to know that you got the "not so serious" tone in my comment that I was trying hard to dramatize. Although it's true that I hate HDR profoundly, I wouldn't be that affected should someone that I respect would go for it. But I wouldn't expect that from a serious photographer, and a reasonable person like you...

So like I have mentioned in my note, your photo isn't sinking into abyssal HDR, but the shift of colours and Mickey Mouse effect was on the verge to show its ugly teeth... And that was just enough for me to come and tease you as seriously as I could.

I remember the first time I saw this effect, I think it was through TE member Sebinho in early 2007 (Sebastien is a good photographer, despite is brief experimentation with HDR). In those days, this effect was never seen before and made an impression at first. But since then, 7 years later, it's a long gone fad, and like someone is writing on the link that I have provided you: "That junk is used by people who shoot muscle cars, old pick-up trucks and very dull, uninspired landscapes, the kind of people who collects pictures of angels, unicorns, sunsets and have black light posters of velvet Elvis":. I think it's the best definition I can possibly imagine.

And rest assured, I never thought you were wearing fake eyelashes...

TE can be very amusing among friends, and HDR is there to make sure we can laugh hard. Thanks for your kind and funny reply!

Regards!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 PM
TE Expert

Talking Malgo Andre Malgo Andre

Sorry to eavesdrop but this conversation is the funniest, most animated and most interesting I've read here in ages.

Poo to HDR!

Hahaha
Amities
Lisa
Old 01-23-2014, 04:31 PM
TE Senior Member

Default HDR eavesdrop

Hi all
Absolutely agree that HDR is horrible. I reckon it should be banned from this site. After all, they refuse IR posts (why I don't know, as these are much more interesting: assuming they are shot on IR film of course). I've tried HDR myself, but as Andre says, as soon as it becomes obvious, it becomes vile!
Sorry to butt in!
Regards
Will
Old 01-23-2014, 04:52 PM
TE Expert

Default Flapping Ears...

I'm also guilty of flapping ears and have followed Andre's link and read with interest. I've not tried HDR myself but have seen some horrendous stuff. Perhaps the secret is to use it in such a way that it is almost impossible to tell it's been used at all.

Rosemary, who is not sorry for butting in