To holmertz: Going nowhere - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2014-06-20 5:52

Hello Andre,
I can't say whether she is amused, curious or indifferent, but she has a fine face and she turns it towards you in a way that I think suits the composition very well. She wears nicely matching colours and her whole apparition matches the background perfectly. It's a really nice and enjoyable portrait.
Kind regards,
Gert
PS I do hope you will never fulfil your threat of deleting your gallery. That would be a great loss to us all.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:53 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Going nowhere

Hi Holmertz,

Funny how facial expressions seem to be read the same way, no matter where we come from. Just like you, I also perceive this ambiguity in her look, maybe amplified by her heavy eyelids and lips shape.

But because I was interacting with her, I can tell you she was halfway between being amused and trying to remain serious, as I was trying to convince her to avoid that big smile people offers spontaneously.

And to answer your question, I will not erase my gallery, as TE management were quick to respond and I was actually impressed by their support and intervention. Like hundreds of members who have left long time ago, there is a point where you can't deal any longer with random censorship, technical problems and recurrent glitches.

But when it affects the very essence of the photo quality, the core reason why we all spend hours behind the camera and the computer, the motivation and the passion we all infuse in our work, then there is no point to post our images here anymore.

Now that the problem have been taken care of, I am very happy to belong to this community and there is no reason to quit... until the next setback.

Thanks for your visit and generous comment, I always appreciate your opinion.

Have a great weekend!

André

Last edited by InasiaJones; 06-20-2014 at 07:04 PM.