About WRONG LOCATIONS

You're on Page 3 of 12
Go to
  • Quote: In case there is time for this, here another place that needs some sorting!

The normal spelling of Cambodia's capital is Phnom Penh but people often get it wrong...
    Done, I just kept Phnom Penh and Phnum Penh in the list.

Quote:
    Actually the province (oddly spelled Phnum Penh in TE list) and the city are geographically the same thing and there should be only one city in the "Phnum Penh province" city list.
    We could change that after the IB admins think it's OK, thank you.

Quote:
    Some of the places listed in that list are in other provinces of even in other coutries (Cartagena, Colombia)
    I'll have a look later, thanks for your report...

Viviane
  • France wrong locations
    PARIS and PARIGI (maybe Italian TE members!)
    Roissy (5 different names!)
    regards
  • Bonjour Claude,
    Parigi has been changed for Paris
    Roissy for Roissy-en-France

Merci pour ces corrections!

Viviane
  • The Swedish capital, correctly spelled Stockholm, can be found as:
    sthlm
    stoccolma
    Stockhlom
    stockholm archipelago (would be alright with a capital S)
    Stockholm city
    Stockholm.
    Stockhom
    Stockolm
    Sockholm
    Sockholm strandvagen (just an address)

(Another matter is that all over TE there are LOTS of pictures that were misplaced because the contributors either had no idea where they had been or didn't bother to find out the name of the state or province)

Gert
  • Bonjour Gert,
    I would like to help you if you help me first...

Can you have a look here and tell me which should be kept & which could be changed or deleted?
    http://www.trekearth.com/search.php?...type=locations

Merci...
  • Gert,
    Your asked changes have been done...

Viviane
  • What a mess...

Stockholm > Uppland etc or Stockholm > Sodermanland etc could be equally correct. The border between the provinces goes right through the Old town.

The archipelago could also be Uppland or Sodermanland, depending on the location. It's not a big thing whatever province is used.

Stockholm Skavsta, well Skavsta is just a distant airport for cheap flights, not really Stockholm. Should be Sodermanland, definitely not Scania

Stockholm > New Jersey is probably correct (Like Paris, Texas)

But Halsingland, Gotland, Scania, Angermanland, Vastergotland, Jamtland and Halland are all totally wrong, like putting Paris anywhere between Normandie and Côte d'Azur.
  • Thanks Viviane, you were too fast for me.
    Gert
  • Actually, looking now at the destinations in the province of Sodermanland, there is still Stoccolm, Stoccolma, Stokholm and Stokolm. In Uppland province sthlm remains.
    (Not to mention a number of other places wrongly spelled or geographically misplaced).
  • Quote: ... Stoccolm, Stoccolma, Stokholm and Stokolm. In Uppland province sthlm remains...
    Done!

Quote:
    (Not to mention a number of other places wrongly spelled or geographically misplaced).
    If you want to give the mistakes I can correct it...

Tags

lieux, locations