To cgrindahl: duotone - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cgrindahl 2007-12-01 15:02

Very evocative Matt with excellent framing, drawing us into the scene. I like the conversion to what appears to be a duotone rendering. Fine sharpness. Well done on every level.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:58 AM
TE Newbie

Default To cgrindahl: duotone

Hey Curtis,

Thanx mate for the comment, yep you are right I tint my b+w's a tad and I render the shots directly in Lightroom or using Alien Skin's exposure plugin through Photoshop CS3. Both great programs for b+w conversions!

Matt
Old 12-03-2007, 05:20 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To cgrindahl: duotone

If you haven't encountered his work yet, you may wish to check the portfolio of a member with a username of Galeota. When I was active a couple of years ago he was experimenting with a rich chocolate brown duotone for his black and white photos. His portfolio is excellent in many regards, but his handling of black and white conversions is very fine.

Like you, I load all my RAW shots directly into Lightroom where I do most of my post processing work. It is an excellent resource. I tend to do black and white conversions in Photoshop CS3 using the duotone option. It is all play, and all for enjoyment, at least for me. Be well and enjoy your time at TE.