To Galeota: Hi Gal! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Galeota 2007-02-27 0:34

Helloooooooooo Mr San Francisco! I thought you had deserted the site for ever. Just seen your three pictures and noticed you now have also the oldy 20-35. What a great collection you must have nowadays, while myself not even a proper wide angle (back to the kit lens!). It is a pleasure to see you posting and, from your notes, I see that you are rediscovering the pleasure of hiking or strolling WITHOUT your camera, simply enjoying the fact of being somewhere, taking profit from the vistas, breathing slowly to fully appreciate the quality of air, and don't give a damn about digitalizing the whole thing :o). That's great!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:25 AM
TE Expert

Default To Galeota: Hi Gal!

Nice to hear from you. In truth I drop by TE every once in awhile to see whether anyone I know is still posting. I've seen your occasional contributions and noted you've been a bit more active of late. I always appreciate your work but I still haven't found the juice to write a review. For that reason I won't likely add more photos to my portfolio with any regularity. I think I have one more to post, a duotone image of the Golden Gate Bridge taken the same day as the last two I've posted.

I'm actually a bit embarrassed by all the fine gear I own that sits in the camera bag most of the time. I don't seem quite able to let any of it go! Of course, I've bought all my newer gear used, most on Fred Miranda. Since I got quite good prices on everything it seems a shame to let it go, especially since I still enjoy the hobby. The EF 20-35 f/2.8L is my most recent pickup and I have to say it is just about perfect as a wide lens on a full-frame camera. I also picked up another classic, the EF 28-70 f/2.8L. Incidentally, I also picked up a Powershot G3 for more anonymous street photography, though I've yet to take it out for a run. Seeing what you did with that fine camera helped my decision making. Neither the 5D nor 20D really work well in a crowd. They draw too much attention. I continue to appreciate what Isabel and Torben do with their cameras.

Hope all is well for you and your family. And yes, I'm spending quite a bit of time on the trail. Today I hiked six miles in the rain at a nature preserve adjacent to San Pablo Bay. Life is good on this side of the planet!