To Rinie_Hoff: You buy the ticket... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Rinie_Hoff 2007-02-26 1:34

This is quite lovely Curtis, the shiny line of the rain on the tarmac leading us into the picture and drawing us to San Francisco. It is anice framind with the arch of the tunnel so dark over the cloudy but suny SF. I like that red thing on the left of the tunnel as it breaks the concrete. Looks like a mailbox to me, but I guess no one is living there. I like the dark green edge and the curve.
How about this view? Do you have pictures from this angle?

Old 02-27-2007, 02:50 AM
TE Expert

Default To Rinie_Hoff: You buy the ticket...

and I'll take the photo. Of course, that aerial photo is likely taken by an unmanned satellite, so I'll miss that particular view in my search for San Francisco vistas. Perhaps I should avail myself of this service. I was approached a couple of years ago when I was selling my Digital Rebel by a fellow who planned on taking his girl friend up on this plane. He wanted to take her photo with my camera when they flew over a beach on which his friends had written in the sand a marriage proposal. I'd made a commitment to someone else so couldn't give him the camera but he was kind enough to contact me later to report the woman in question said "Yes!" He even sent a couple of photos taken with a friend's camera.

I've no idea what it would cost to take a trip around the bay on a seaplane but it could be fun. I don't think I could get high enough to capture the view you share however...