To peter1892: Hi Peter! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great peter1892 2007-02-13 6:45

Hi Curtis - great to see some more work from you, I hope you're keeping well & that we'll get to see some more shots from your travels & hikes.

The viewpoint is great, high above the bay with an interesting & cloudy sky. A fine view indeed.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:51 AM
TE Expert

Default To peter1892: Hi Peter!

In truth, I've been hiking as much as I have over the last year primarily for the health benefits. I'm afraid I spent too many hours sitting at my computer playing with images and chatting with folks on TE while drinking various types of ale and nibbling on an assortment of treats. My waistline grew and my clothes got too tight. I decided to do something about it and the first decision was to walk an hour a day six days a week. That program led to more strenuous hiking to the point where I set a minimum of 30 miles a week up and down the various hills and mountains near where I live. The pounds melted from my waist (22 kilos to be exact!) and my blood pressure dropped. The last time I had a physical my physician was beside himself with excitement when he saw my test results. After a couple of months of relaxing as winter weather called for a few more calories each day I'll resume my more restrictive diet in a couple of weeks and tackle the last ten kilos I'd like to lose. I'm probably healthier right now than ever in my life. A twelve or thirteen mile hike over the top of Mount Tamalpais is all in an afternoons fun now, something I never would have tackled in the past. I love being on the trail. Being retired definitely has its advantages.

I appreciate your note Peter. I hope you are happy and well.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:18 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To peter1892: Hi Peter!

Hi Curtis, good to hear from & great to hear your tales of healthy living! 22 kilos, that's one hell of an achievment, well done! I do hope you'll get a chance to share some more images of the Bay Area with us from time to time.

The weather here has been less than useful for photography (I had an utterly frustrating day in the city today) but with some time off scheduled for April I hope to get back into it as the spring arrives.

all the best

Peter