more equal?... - Page 5 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-13-2006, 08:06 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: more equal?...

Still I suppose if a post against the TOS escape the attention and it get in a very short delay a mass of good critiques, I think it is hard to decide at that moment not causing some unnecessairy turbidity that would indeed harm more at that moment.

So decissions are sometimes very hard to take I suppose.

Just to be to the point, it is at the end still one who appoints other moderators or are they authorized to appoint others too and I suppose on some difficult matters there will be a collective consideration that by doubts one will take a decission.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:12 PM
TE Expert

Default Expanded Profile Section

I think this is a marvelous idea Brendan! It would give those of us with an interest in sharing a bit more about ourselves a chance to do so. Some time ago Simon Kolton offered members the opportunity to post photos on his website of our homes, or more specifically, where we do our computer work. I took advantage of that opportunity and include a link in my Bio page to those photos. It would be wonderful to have that ability within the confines of TE. I hope you've made that suggestion to Adam. It would certainly solve this occasionally confusing and often upsetting situation. There could perhaps be a limit of ten personal photos that we could change from time to time that would be accessed not through the general board but through our bio. Its such a fine idea that I think I'll write Adam an email on the subject. I know he puts a great deal of time and effort into this site and this would be one more item on his list of improvements, but in my opinion, this one would be very big. Thanks for bringing it up.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Expanded Profile Section

Hi Curtis,

Sometime ago I've proposed the same idea to Adam, among others. Later on I've exchanged e-mails with him and he liked the idea, still he lacked time to implement it until now.

Check the thread:

http://www.trekearth.com/read.php?f=1&t=184222&m=268578
Old 07-13-2006, 10:01 PM
TE Expert

Thanks for the heads up Jose. I'll check it out. I recently exchanged mail with Adam and I know he's very busy. I'll send him another note nonetheless. Perhaps if enough folks ask for this feature it will move up his project list.

Hope all is well with you. I've certainly thought about you and others whom I've met from Portugal during the recent World Cup. Although its not a sporting event that captures a great deal of attention in the United States, I've been cheering for all my friends' teams during the great event. I imagine you were swept up in the fever as well. Portugal had a great run!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:27 PM

Curtis,

I was exactly thinking that a small reminder could be nice. I think it would solve some problems as well reinforce the connection between members.

Regarding the World Cup I was only partially caught, as I'm not a big fan of football. In fact I'm a sever critique about the wealth and corruption around it... ;-)

Still, when the national team plays or Portuguese team are in international competitions I try to see the games. But being 90 minutes in front of a TV is usually too much for me... Or it is a fabulous game, or after 15 minutes I’m doing something else.

Yes, Portugal did a nice championship but I was terribly disappointed with some events (I’ve explained them in the – harsh – thread about the WC here in TE). In fact I even sent mails protesting to the British Embassy and BBC. “Surprisingly” they did not answer…

Still, Portugal was considered by FIFA as the most thrilling team of the tournament. In fact our games were always surrounded by big controversies and emotions. The regular winners never like an “outsider” trying to “steal” their cup… :-)
Old 07-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Banned

Dear José,
Maybe you could limit your football related postings to the one dedicated thread (I respect expression freedom but in my opinion this one is already one too much on a photography forum).
BTW outside of the forum you're severely inactive and the general gallery is dyeing of boredom, no more windmills war to start ???
;-))
Jean-Yves
Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 AM

Yeah you're right... Regarding the WC issue it's time to stop talking about it in TE, and start putting some things in action in real life.

About photography I've been posting new photos in my Pbase account just for the fun of it. Maybe one of these days I'll have some patiente to start posting here again.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Is this all?

Any trace of double standard will ruin the community very quickly.
I do agree with you, Alexander.
So, what about the other "baby" picture you refered to earlier, for example, posted more than one month ago and which hasn't been removed by any moderator, which Adam had decided to keep on TrekEarth, too.
No matter where, no matter who... In a perfect world, maybe, but not here, since evidences prove to be quite tricky, sometimes. Should the Tos clearly specify that family pictures are allowed as long as you post only one photo?

Whatever anyone might say, better be an established TE member than a new one, better attract a lot of response with your marketing skills than be interested to "learn about the world through photography", better be part of a large clique than keep a low profile, better...
The double standard is here, obviously.