To batalay: Rio - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great batalay 2011-05-08 13:01

Hello Bob,

The 39-year old photo is a historical record of the state of development that existed at the time. I could probably do a Photoshop on it and bring the highlights and contrasts out a lot more, but it is a good photo. We came very close to sailing on a cruise from Miami to Rio de Janeiro in January 2010. Alas, we found out at the pier in Miami that we needed yellow fever shots and visas. We could sail only as far as Barbados and fly back. We had even paid for round trip flights to Iguazu, but it was not to be.

Regards,

Bulent

Old 05-09-2011, 12:16 AM
TE Newbie

Default To batalay: Rio

My yellow fever shots were up to date back then, courtesy of uncle Sam and 10 year efectivity. As I said the city is beautiful. I didn't get a chance to go to Iguazu ether when in Brazil or Argentina. Back then there didn't seem to be the security problem.
Apparently the atmospherics are problematic in Rio. One of the ex-pats at the plant I was working with hadn't been able to get city shots in the 2 years he had been there. I just lucked out.
I have another from the top of Sugar Loaf that I really need some help with. How do you do workshops?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:52 AM
TE Expert

Default Postprocessing...

Hi Bob,

Send it to my email address, drbatalay@gmail.com
I'll take a look at it and see if I can do anything.

Regards,

Bulent